Sunday, February 22, 2009

Held for Questioning

So I've been feeling hugely bad for the last ... hell, the last two months or so. Doctors looking into things, poking around, trying to figure what's wrong. Everything from semi-benign little owies like low calcium, thyroid imbalance and weight gain (!) to things we'd rather not talk about, places we really don't want to go.

The consistent advice that I've gotten, though, is that I need to exercise. I've been sleeping 12-14 hours per day, feeling tired all the time even so. This morning I got up and ran, 5K. At least, I started to run 5K. But I was interrupted.

Held for questioning, as it were.

I'd made about a mile down a lakefront road about 815a this morning, hoping to beat a big snowstorm and still have time to get to the hardware store for a new bathtub stopper (part of another diagnostic test. Really). It wasn't too bad; I was stumbling a bit, but there wasn't heavy tourist traffic, it wasn't too windy, and it hadn't started to snow yet. I was feeling OK, even after the three marked and one unmarked state police cars converged on me.

Understand, four state police cars in one location in Vermont can only mean one of three things: Community event with free food, lunch break, or very bad news. Predictably, it was the latter. They were looking for a short (me) male (me) in his mid-30s (me, about a decade ago) in a blue sweatshirt (me again) with a beard.

It was a bit frosty, so I was wearing a neck warmer that covered my face. I couldn't help but notice the hands on the guns. One of the morals of the story: Keep your ID with you. I handed over my driver's license and sat while they ran it. A few questions later, I was back on the road, plodding along. Turns out the aforementioned short, bearded, young male in the blue sweatshirt had been threatening an ex-girlfriend. The troopers were ... professional, but made me very happy I didn't have a beard.

Got enough health problems going on without lead poisoning.

I'll catch up more later.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();