Thursday, April 10, 2008

Five-Oh

Thought real hard about skipping the run this morning. My shoulder was still stiff, I didn't get to bed until 11a, I had a lot to do at work, and it was likely to be the last clear day until the middle of next week. Then I had a thought:

Pansy.

So I dropped the boys off at school and did five miles. Went to physical therapy -- the therapist said my shoulder and neck were pretty stiff. Felt much better after some stretching and ultrasound.

Came home and picked up about five gallons of sap. It looks as though the end is near, as far as the sap season goes. The syrup is becoming progressively darker -- not quite Grade C, but close. I believe even after propane and paying for buckets, spouts, felt, etc., we'll just about break even with five gallons or so (and at $50/gallon, it's pretty steep).

Plugged away at the day job, called about some pigs, got my eggs together for market, and ordered pig waterers. It looks like it'll be raining too much this weekend to get the electric fence installed in the back pasture, but we'll see. House needs serious cleaning, anyway.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();