Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Argh. Ack. Argh. Ack.


Another dispatch from the land of the never-ending 12- to 14-hour day:

The fun never ends. But the end (at least, of this particular project) is near, at least. Maybe one more long-ish day, and I'm through for a bit. Then it's on to the next gig. Hopefully, with a little more morning time built in for swim, bike, run.

Something got one of the baby ducks last night. Went out to feed and water them, and it was one dead duck. Had lots of tailfeathers missing. My guess is a racoon grabbed it and broke its neck. The coon probably didn't plan far enough ahead to figure out that there was just no way in hell it was going to extract a duck from the pen.

Not a whole hell of a lot else going on in the Animal Kingdom.

I'm thinking John and I will get back on the trail this weekend, although my vacation time is currently at the mercy of the day job project. So I'm not sure how long we'll be on it. And in other child-related news, the stepdaughter is returning from her monthlong road trip and alleges to be interested in signing up for the Army while their very good bonus deal is still in the works. I fail to see how this will help our country so much, but I suspect Basic Training would be very, very, very good for the child.

A lot to do tomorrow. Not enough time to do it.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();