Friday, September 14, 2007

Green Eggs and Ham?

Finally, a day that doesn't involve working until 1a.

Got out to the doctor's office this afternoon; the swollen lymph gland is no big deal, and is more likely stress and a minor infection. I can get back on the road, no problem.

(Unless it's swollen for more than three months).

Going to try working on the barn tomorrow. Will stain rafters and walls, hopefully put them up on Sunday, and finish off a roof on Monday. If I can get that done, I'll be in good shape to build out the chicken run on Tuesday. Pictures when done.

And great excitement! A new farmers' market is coming to our valley! It'll only be (I'm guessing) opening on Columbus Day, which means it'll be a two-week season, but next year should go from May through October:

http://www.dvalnews.com/news.php?news/news2.html

I don't think I'll have green eggs by then -- or any time this year -- but it'll beat the drive into Brattleboro (and the expensive rates).

Of course, that assumes I have chickens by then. They've figured out the formula. Man + Sun Starting To Set = Corn. They're crowding by the chicken run door like some sort of horrible concert gone bad, so I've got to walk around to the other side of the run, throw corn over the top, then run back to grab their water and feed while they're still fighting over a handful of corn. Savage little beasts. I'm tempted to fry a few as an example.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();