Wednesday, September 5, 2007

School Again

Yesterday was a bit of a scramble.

I woke up early and got going on a few miscellaneous projects. Plugged away throughout the day and broke around 330p to get to the CSA in time for the weekly pickup. Nice day; spent far too much time in the fields picking out spoilage for the chickens. Got four bags of split grape tomatoes, tomatillos and ground cherries. Drove over to Greenfield and did a big grocery haul, making it home just in time to feed kids and get them into bed before school.

The boys were up at 5a; clearly, no one is excited about school this year. They got me up around 615a, and I drove them to the firehouse to catch the bus, then went down to one of my usual running spots. Did 3.1 miles, but really started hurting the last tenth. Made it to the car and about two miles down the road before I had to jump out and find a good place -- hell, any place -- to be sick.

They say everyone will have at least one run completely ruined by stomach problems. I'm hoping today was my one run.

Anyway, was home by 730a and slept it off, then worked on the day job. Fed the chickens some wild apples that Lisa had scrounged and stuck to bland stuff (oatmeal, wheat bread, Power Bar) for myself. Boys came home from school at 315p, both looked pretty pleased. Hope it'll be a good year for both.

I'll be working until the wee hours tonight, I suspect.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();