Tuesday, October 16, 2007

About Time

Busy weekend, but mostly good things.

Had to go to NYC on Saturday. Long day. Left for Albany around 6a, got back after midnight. Slept late Sunday and cleaned house. Busy as hell on Monday; grocery, CSA pickup, chicken feed, dog food, and ...

John's 16th birthday. It's today. Time flies.

Sigh.

I'll take him out for some new clothes he's been wanting when he gets back from school. I got a few video games and books for him, but he told me not to spend too much money on him. When was the last time anyone heard anything like that from a 16-year-old?

Sigh again.

Have to go to Washington tomorrow.

Triple sigh.

On the bright side, leaves are hitting their peak. One of my chickens laid an actual, real, live egg. It's small and brown (so I'm suspecting a Red did the deed), but it's an improvement. I'm very pleased.

Here's a picture of the driveway. Pretty leaves, no?
And I got leeks at the CSA! Mmmmmmm. Prepare for leek-and-potato soup. Good stuff when it gets chilly at nights.







2 comments:

Amy Siegel said...

are you training at all these days?

Not So Great Depression said...

Flirt,

Not as much as I should be, I'm afraid. This shoulder thing -- I've been reluctant to mention for occupational reasons (people at work occasionally do read my blog) -- has kept me from swimming and doing much more than token biking.

The good news is, if you ever want to vary the training, a few days on the Long Trail with a 50-pound pack, chasing down a 16-year-old with an unlimited supply of energy, will flog you into pretty decent shape.

Guaranteed.

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();