Sunday, July 8, 2007

I Am Not Terribly Clever

We got up not-too-late this morning and headed to the lake. There were some pretty dark storm clouds over the mountains, but no rain. So I practiced some open-water swimming for an hour or so while Lisa showed off her Bohus sweater to passers-by. The swim wasn't too bad -- I probably did about a quarter-mile, just back and forth about 50 feet from the shore. Stuck to a sidestroke, which probably helped me from inhaling half the lake.

After a while, the clouds were moving across the lake, so Lisa took the car and I changed into my running clothes. Thought it would be a good thing to break in the new shoes (Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6).

Of course, it started raining just as I started running for home. I'd measured it on the way to the lake, and it looked like about 10 miles, but when I tried to start the Garmin, it said the battery was low. Damn.

At least the Nano didn't cave. I ran about two, two-and-a-half hours, and every last foot was uphill. I'm guessing the total distance was between 14 and 18 miles. I'll have to measure it when the Outback speedometer decides to cooperate, or when the Garmin begins functioning again.

Anyway, I got home around 5p, dehydrated and shivering. Laid down for about 30 minutes, but it didn't seem to help much. Went to the grocery and grabbed some Gatorade, bananas, ice cream and oranges. Fed the chickens and made hamburgers for the kids.

Legs are pretty damn sore tonight, but I popped a couple of Tylenol and swilled Gatorade to knock off the dehydration. Will get up in the morning and drag the Mercier to the shop to see what's up with the gears. Lot of work to do tomorrow, too.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();