Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm Off For A While

We'll be hiking the Long Trail, or at least as much of a 273-mile path as a 15-year-old boy and his inept 44-year-old father can do.

Logistically, it's a bit of a bear. I'm going to stop by the post office tomorrow morning and mail some boxes of food -- one to Killington (103.9), and another to Jonesville (184.9). Beats carrying all the food, though.

John is stoked. I think. He wants to walk all day long. We'll see how he feels after hauling a pack for 10 hours or so.

Forecast ain't great. It's going to rain through Sunday. We're gonna have to get wet at some point, I suppose.

In other news:

*** Another duck hatched today. For those keeping score, that's Ducks, 2, and Turkeys, 2. I think another turkey is about to hatch in the next few days.

*** It's still apparently illegal to be naked in most of Greater Brattleboro. We made a very quick run to the Agway for poultry feed and were not overrun by nekkid protesters. They might be waiting for better weather, though.

*** A good story in the NYTimes about fat bicyclists. Gives me hope.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();