Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tired

Been a long week. Long Sunday, and it'll be a long Monday.

Up this morning and finished the chicken run fence. Lots of digging, chicken wire stapling. Still have to put netting over the top to keep out the hawks and owls. Think the chickens were excited, though. They laid 19 eggs today, a new record.

We finally put tarps over the gardens. Lisa piled a ton of really nasty compost on it, and Stink saw fit to wallow in it, which earned him a shower this morning. He's a much older Stink, a much wiser Stink ... a much sadder Stink. Gave Pepper a shower, too. They were some pretty miserable border collies after all was said and done. And Gray Kitten sat and watched. Ever seen a cat smirk?

Anyway. Did what I could with the chicken run while Lisa hung plastic in the rabbit coop. Very exciting -- one of the local yarn stores saw her Angora gloves and wants her to spin Angora for them.

Sawed a three-by-six foot pile of wood. It's getting colder in a hurry, into the teens. So we're burning a fair amount of wood.

Tomorrow's going to be rough. Will has to be at school before 6a. Then I'll take John to the bus stop at 630a. Then off to the doctor's appointment when they open for some nagging issues. The shoulder/arm issue is near the top of the list, but I've got to have a few other things looked into, ASAP. I know, the shoulder is the least of my problems right now, but I'm still hoping to get something done for it. At this point, even surgery would be an improvement.

Hope to run down to the CSA during lunch and pick up most of my half-pig. It's either that or cut wood. Then work through the afternoon and pick up Will from his field trip around 8p. They're going to Burlington for a youth group conference; he's very excited. If I get a few, I may take John to the mountain to fill out paperwork for his job.

Maybe I'll catch my breath Tuesday.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();