Friday, May 25, 2007

Freezing My Butt Off in May

It was hot today, close to 90.

Wasn't anywhere near 90 in the pool at 7:30a. More like, oh, 70.

Which seems like a reasonable temperature. Maybe I've just been spoiled rotten.

Anyway. I swam my mile, showered, and ran into Brattleboro to pick up my glasses. Took for-damn-ever to get there. The tourists were pouring over the border like ants. I ran by the bank, got some staples at the grocery, and stopped at the Agway for hay (chicken coop floor), a hoe, and chicken feed.

Knocked off from work an hour early and started working on the chicken coop. I was going to make some nice salmon for dinner, but I wound up working longer on the coop than planned, and got a bit distracted. It's getting there; I hope I can finish tomorrow and put the peeps in there on Sunday. I lost another one (a New Hampshire Red) today, so I know they're getting too big for the brooder.

Soooooooooo much to do this weekend. Must finish coop tomorrow. Have to till garden, probably Monday. Ton of cleaning to do; the house is looking pretty neglected. Bike repair workshop on Sunday, hopefully before the rain starts.

Oh, yeah. Swim. Bike. Run.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();