Thursday, May 24, 2007

Like A Scalded Cat

Yeesh.

I was late getting up this morning, so I had to drive the boys to school. They were mildly irritated. Then I ran into Keene to pick up a package at the Fed Ex center (it's the nearest one to me). They weren't open at 8:15a, so I went for a run, first at the Chesterfield Gorge. It wasn't so great; kind of limited, so I was only able to run a mile. Then I went to Starbucks to get a coffee but figured I'd run a few miles around town first. So I did about four, up and down Main Street -- very nice in a New England-y sort of way -- and then through the Ashuelot River Park, which had really great trails.

Hot as hell here. Supposed to get up to 85 or thereabouts.

The Fed Ex center didn't have my package at 9a, so I ran out and picked up some chicken coop parts and had spare car keys made. Also looked for a book for one of Will's games, but didn't have any luck there. Ran back to the Fed Ex place and picked up the package.

Made work-related calls pretty much throughout. Except the running.

Got back and the car and scooted into Brattleboro for groceries. My glasses still haven't been delivered, so I'll have to put that off for another day. Ran into Wilmington to pick up more groceries, again making calls the whole way. Stopped by the doctor's office to pick up a copy of a prescription and by the grocery store to get more food. Then to the bank and post office, then home.

By noon.

Made more calls, put an ailing Arucana in a box to (hopefully) recover; I'm dubious. Then off to the gym to shanghai their wireless, make yet more calls and do a quick 13.3 miles on the bike. Then home to make some more stovetop macaroni and cheese (one of the better Cooking Light recipes going).

And maybe sleep at some point.

***

So the Arucana didn't make it. Damn.

Made it to the gym, downloaded some files, and did my bike ride while talking to Barbara Kingsolver's publicist. Hurried back home in time for Lisa to get to her knitting group, then worked another three or so hours before knocking off for the day. Made plain ziti noodles for John, full-bore ziti for Will, and stovetop mac and cheese for myself.

Did all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, did another load of laundry, folded clothes.

The pool is allegedly going to be open, so I may go for a quick swim tomorrow morning. But I've got a busy weekend ahead: Have to finish the chicken coop, till the garden, get a hoe and chicken feed, make it to a bike repair workshop in Bratt, pick up glasses, haul cans by the redemption center, and do some bank-type stuff.

Damn, I'm tired.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();