Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ear is Slightly Better

But I'm still erring on the side of caution. Went to the doctor yesterday, and she says there's a bunch of fluid sloshing around in my ear. Not good. Gave me some drugs to deal with it.

It was insanely hot yesterday -- around 90 -- until we had a late-afternoon thunder boomer get rid of the heat. Alas, it also took down the power. Until about 630a. We lit the oil lamps, and boiled shower water on the gas stove. I drove around a couple of towns for some crackers, but all the stores were closed. A bit odd, driving around a totally dark place. Sat out on the front porch until about 930p, when it got dark, and worked on a hiking plan for the upcoming Long Trail.

Current events: I'll let the NYTimes editorial speak for a lot of folks. But I'm guessing another guy will come out with a Jonathan Edwards-type, "Sinners in the Hands of An Angry God" screed against the Supremes' segregation ruling. I had the good fortune of chatting with Jonathan Kozol for much of an afternoon last year. Whether you agree with him or not, you've got to respect the passion he brings to the subject. And his books are just magnificent reading.

On a much more trivial note, I did a bunch of day job-type work today. And fed and watered the peeps. They're getting big:



Went wild in the kitchen tonight. Kind of. Made the boys ham and fries. Made Lisa stir-fried garlic snow peas, broccoli and shrimp. Made myself some crawfish, shrimp and chicken jambalaya.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();