Sunday, June 3, 2007

Hills

More hills this weekend.

I was hoping the car rental place would pick me up Saturday morning. No such luck. They called around 10a and said they couldn't do it. Since they were closing at noon, I could either call for a $70 cab ride ... or ride my bike.

Guess which one I took?

I made it 20 miles in about an hour and a half -- there were hills, but nothing too bad. The poor car rental people felt so badly that they gave me a free upgrade. So I picked up groceries, corn for the chickens, ducks and turkeys. Finally got the stepdaughter from the bus stop. She looked thinner and is already starting to talk about enlisting in the Army or Marines.

Didn't do so much Saturday night. Slept late this morning, puttered around most of the day. Finally got off my butt in the middle of the afternoon and swam a mile, which made me feel a little better.

I'm thinking I'll run and bike tomorrow. And I think I'll do more hills. I tend to get pretty complacent after a while -- I'll work up to the distances I need, but I don't push enough once I get there

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();