Friday, June 8, 2007

More Hills

Took a couple of days off. Been feeling really run-down and bickering with Lisa over amount of training. Anyway, eh. Thought for a while I was coming down with the crud that's been going around at Lackland AFB (where the stepdaughter did basic training), but I think some pretty massive doses of Emergen-C seem to have staved it off for the time being.

Had to return a rent car to Brattleboro yesterday. No problem! Until, that is, I got on the bike and headed home. It's about 20 miles, all uphill. I was a hurtin' unit by the time I made it home. But I made an appointment while in town to finally have the woodstove connected. We'll see if they get it done today.

Will and I also did our own version of Extreme Cleaning. He's very pleased with his room now. I finished up around 11p and just poured myself into bed.

Got up this morning, walked the boys to the bus stop and then ran back home (again, uphill all the way). Got on the bike, rode into town and took care of banking/mailing needs. I think I'm going to park at the local internet cafe since my connection is running uber-slow. Something about a "fair use policy," I believe. For what we're paying for home satellite internet, we ought to have our own Sputnik. Or something.

It's getting hot here, and the blackflies are swarming. That's the bad news. The good news is, I've got 40 chickens, eight ducks and two turkeys. And all of them loooove eating blackflies.

More later.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();