Friday, March 23, 2007

TGIF

Easy workouts today.

Swam 0.25 miles in a mostly vacant pool, but did it fairly quickly. Took a couple of laps to work on a real, live freestyle. I wanted to do a bit more, but the stroke people were starting to warm up. Eh. They need the water worse than I did. Maybe it'll motivate me to get my lazy butt up in the morning and beat everyone into the pool.

Did another 13.2 on the gym bike. Increased my speed, going about 13.5 mph now, but didn't push too hard -- my heart rate stayed about 115, which seemed low. Don't think I'll ever get up to 32.9 mph, but I wouldn't mind speeding up another third or so.

(Like that'll happen. But I can push a lot harder ... I'd be soooo happy to get to 20mph.)

Got a bunch of cool books from Amazon today. Reading Super Natural Cooking and The Big Book of Self-Reliant Living. I'll do a long bike ride tomorrow and look through them.

Only in Our Town:

I went to the local internet cafe (which we have for at least one more month; the owner is moving to Vail to hang with her boyfriend). Because I live in the sticks, we just have satellite internet. I had some big files to download, and the satellite internet company sends me nasty notes when I do that.

Turns out that the cafe's door swung open in the night. When Celeste showed up, she found evidence that there had been an intruder. Who had left a note on the door. Letting her know that the door had swung open in the night. And then had been closed.

Nothing taken, and Celeste hadn't even left the heat on.

Again, only in Our Town.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();