Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tipping Point

If only whining were an Olympic sport.

Woke up a little before 6a and spent a good 15 minutes trying to justify why I should just run this morning. I was doing a pretty good job of it, too. Problem was, after I got dressed for running, it just seemed like a waste to not do any more. So I threw my swim things in the bag. And my bike things, since you can never tell if there's going to be a 4-year-old's birthday party at the gym.

Did my 5K. I'd zoned out and forgotten to charge the Garmin, but it felt a little faster this morning, even with a stiff breeze in my face most of the way. My iPod display has been screwed for a couple of days, though. I think it got cold.

Scooted down to the gym and did a little better than a half-mile swim. I know -- I was going to go long, but Lisa needed the car early for weaving class. Given that I was wearing an extremely nice hand-knitted wool sweater that took about 200 hours for her to make (Christmas present and quite possibly my favorite garment these days), it might've been a little counterproductive to complain.

Sweater and I returned in time for Lisa's class. Spent much of the day catching up on scutwork and looking out the window. Today's the proverbial tipping point -- days are going to get longer now. You can feel the trees stretching.

Diet was OK today:

Pre-workout breakfast: Strawberry vanilla yogurt bar
Breakfast: Apple cinnamon granola with skim, blueberries, strawberries
Blueberry kefir
1 c cooked plain pasta
Lunch: One-pot pasta with vegetables
Afternoon snack: 1 c carrots
Bread. Butter.
Dinner: Broiled King salmon
8 c salad

Great food site: 101cookbooks.com

Great training site where I've, um, liberated some JavaScript from: breakingthetape.com

Tempted to make more bread this week. Ordered my new grain mill and everything. But I know what that leads to ...

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();