Friday, April 13, 2007

A Day Off

So I'm not sure if this was a good thing or not, but I took today off. I've done four workouts each this week (swimming, running and biking), and don't want to overdo. I'll take tomorrow off, too, before hitting the road again Sunday with a 10-miler and swimming.

Of course, that's assuming I can get out of the house. We're supposed to get blasted with a nor'easter -- think a hurricane, with snow -- on Sunday, 10 to 30 inches in the mountains. So the running outside might not happen. And now I'm thinking I probably won't get on an actual bike until May.

Overslept again (damn!) and had to put the car into major four-wheel to get out of the drive. Took the boys to school and stopped off at the grocery for some one-pot pasta ingredients. After a brief domestic disturbance, I worked pretty hard at the day job today and may well have even gotten a few things accomplished. Talked with dad on the phone. He's getting excited about little brother's graduation from university (should be the same day as the stepdaughter's graduation from basic training). Anyway, he was heading down to the ranch, where he'll see lots of these:


I really miss our ranch. Dad and Mom built a beautiful house down there, about two hours south of San Antonio. This time of year, the bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes go wild. There are a couple of nice ponds for fishing, and of course, pastures. Here's a shot that I use for a computer desktop:


Dad's fond of calling around January or so to let me know that it's exactly 100 degrees warmer where he is. Of course, I can call him in July and let him know that it's exactly 100 degrees cooler where I am. Still, it's a gorgeous place.

And while I'm doing images, here's the latest Doonesbury:


I'm still a little freaked about taking two days off. I know it shouldn't hurt, and might even help. But it still seems ... just ... weird.

I'm going to do crunches tomorrow. Swear. And put together the chicken brooder before the chicks get here. And get some chick food. And think more about the garden layout. And clean John's room. And bake bread.

Yeesh. No rest for the wicked.

No comments:

_uacct = "UA-1459002-1"; urchinTracker();